According to Google, searches including “near me” are growing 500 percent annually. This why SEO backlink is crucial locally.
Also, 81 percent of consumers will use Google to search for information about local businesses in 2021.
What does this mean for digital marketers?
Well, if you want to reach local customers, you need to make sure they can find your business online. You need to move your content to the top of the relevant local Google search rankings.
One way to do this is to embrace the power of link building; Specifically, link building for local SEO.
Let me show you how local link creation works, why it is important and how to create your own link profile.
What is an SEO backlink for local SEO?
Link building refers to getting links from other websites to yours. These links are called “backlinks”, “incoming links” or “inbound links” and they help in driving traffic to your website.
Local SEO is the process of optimizing your website to attract customers from a specific region.
Link making for Local SEO is a process of protecting SEO backlink from local businesses with two goals in mind:
- Organic will increase your visibility in local searches
- Getting more traffic from local customers who can buy from you
Why is it Important to Build a Link for Local SEO?
There are three main reasons for creating SEO backlinks Locally.
First, Google considers the number of SEO backlink you have when determining your page rank. The higher the number of quality backlinks you have, the more likely the page will secure a ranking. Over 67 percent of clicks go to the top five organic search results!
Second, the link framework for local SEO enables you to drive specific, targeted search engine traffic to your website. By targeting the right traffic, you are more likely to attract people who are serious about making a purchase.
Finally, link building for local SEO is a great way to build your brand’s visibility organically. It takes, on average, seven brand impressions before someone takes action (known colloquially as the “Rule of 7” in marketing). Better brand visibility helps you grow prospects.
Link Building Strategy for Local SEO
Are you ready to start creating your SEO backlink? Here are my first six strategies.x
Get links from travel and local review websites
According to research, 98 percent of consumers read online reviews of local businesses and 85 percent of consumers look for a high star rating.
In other words, you need positive reviews, and you want them from websites that can help you with your local link-building goals. For example, here’s a rundown of the nine best new restaurants in Kansas City:
Want customer reviews like these?
Encourage your existing customers to leave reviews.
Instead of accepting cold pitches, representatives from Kansas City Magazine visited restaurants based on existing customer reviews.
- Make it easy for customers to post reviews on Google, Yelp and other popular sites.
- Offer Offers e.g., a kayak business can discount a kayaking session for reviewers.
- Highlight customer testimonials on your social media platforms—they make great user-generated content and often inspire others to leave their thoughts.
Link building for local SEO means doing some manual outreach, so you can definitely choose local websites and see if they list your business.
Make sure you send a professional pitch, along with relevant business information and provide links to any customer reviews (if available.)
Hold Special Events and Promotions to Get PR Links
Want to build your local presence and increase brand awareness?
Consider hosting special events or campaigns.
If you need any event inspiration, you can:
- run a workshop
- hold a contest
- sponsor a local sports team
- host a charity fundraiser
Or, you can offer promotions like a free product demo or seasonal discounts. It all depends on what best suits your business model.
Once an event or promotion is selected, it must be promoted.
- Do some online research to find your local news outlets such as local newspapers, radio channels, and Facebook community groups.
- Decide which outlets you want to target based on your consumer population. 96 percent of 18- to 25-year-olds and 87 percent of 55- to 66-year-olds check social media daily, so online sites are a good place to start.
- A short press release draft. Include details of key events and a URL for a link.
- Don’t forget to include keywords in your message. Ubersuggest can help you find related keywords.
Get Listed in Local Business Directories
According to research, 94 percent of consumers have returned to a business directory at least once in the past year to learn more about a new company.
List local link-building opportunities, target directories and your company. Popular business directories include:
Want to find more local or major directories? Google is your friend. For example, if you search for “local small business directory Colombo”, the first link is the Classify Lanka Business Directory:
When you’re ready to create a local directory, follow their instructions closely. Set up key details like your website and opening hours and add a short description of your business.
Each detail helps a directory verify your business, which can improve your chances of acceptance (and getting a backlink.)
Create a Blog Covering Local Topics
Do you still have a blog? Otherwise, start one and focus on covering local topics. Of course, this step requires a lot of effort on your part, but here’s why blogging is worth building links for local SEO.
- Blogging lets you showcase your knowledge and expertise which increases consumer trust and, ultimately, encourages them to choose your brand over competitors.
- According to a Demand Gen Report, 60 percent of buyers read blog posts in the early stages of the purchase process.
- Blog content is easy to share on social media. Over time, more shares mean more visibility for your brand which draws more traffic.
When you’re ready to start your local blog, here’s how to get SEO backlink for your posts.
- Backlinks start with great content. Spend time researching what your audience wants and create articles to meet their needs. If readers find your content useful, they will link to it again.
- Pitch your content to combine roundups. Round-ups highlight the best new content in a particular area, and since authors are always searching for content they have a good chance of providing a list and backlinks.
- Promote your posts on social media. The more you share your content, the more you will reach bloggers looking for content to link to.
- Stay active on sites like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Build business relationships, establish yourself as a local expert, and you’ll naturally gain backlinks.63
Use an SEO Tool to Find and Target Competitor Backlinks
Why do you need to notice where competitors get their backlinks?
This is simplicity.
These are the types of places that can reconnect with you, so it’s worth doing some competitive research to find websites that are targeting opportunities to create local links.
Here’s how to use Ubersuggest to target competitor backlinks if you create a link for a local SEO.
Let’s say you run a bakery in Denver. If we enable Google search, we can find one of the high-quality local bakeries called Sponge.lk:
Enter their website domain into Ubersuggest and click “Search” to get started:
From the main screen, go to the left side column, scroll down the backlinks and click “Backlinks Overview:”.
Enter the domain name again and Click“Search” to load the results:
On the next screen, scroll down to the “Backlinks” results. You will find a list of domains that associate with Azucar Bakery:
Once you know the type of websites that connect with your competitors, you can target them yourself.
How you use these backlinks depends on your marketing strategy and business goals; In this case, you can ensure that you are listed on Foursquare and also target websites for product reviews.
Find unlinked references to your brand and ask for links
Unlinked brand specifications offer golden opportunities to protect backlinks from high quality, official websites.
One, if you already know your brand, it is easy to send outreach emails to the relevant contact.
If they are discussing your products or services, it is reasonable to assume that you can ask for a backlink, right?
You do not have to follow every brand reference, especially if it is a low quality website, it will not boost your rankings
Here’s how you can find SEO backlink worth following.
First, scan the Internet for unbranded brand specifications. This can be done using a tool such as Brand Mentions.
Then, find the relevant contact to send the outreach email. The contact may be the website owner or someone from the marketing department. You can usually find these details using tools like LinkedIn or social media like Twitter.
Finally, send us your Outreach Email. Praise their company and thank them for mentioning your brand. Humbly explain why adding a backlink will benefit their company and provide them with a link in return.
Do not ignore those unattached brand specifications. Instead, look for them, build relationships with other web owners, and turn them into useful backlinks.
FAQ on SEO backlink
Why SEO backlink is important for local SEO?
Links are very important for local SEO because they help increase your local search rankings. The higher you rank, the higher you appear in search results and the more likely customers are to visit your page.
Should I use the agency to assist with my local SEO link building strategy?
The Digital Marketing Agency (Moosalebbe.com) Partnership will help you if you do not have the time or resources to do marketing, but it is entirely possible to develop your own strategy by following the tips I mentioned above.
How can I review local publications to get backlinks for my business?
Link building for local SEO means interacting with local businesses. You can contact local publications directly, host an event and invite their representatives, sponsor a contest, or reach out and sponsor local influencers. It all depends on your marketing budget and how likely you are to attract your target audience.
Will blog help in local SEO backlink?
Absolutely Yes! Blogging is a great way to build links naturally over the long term, so make it a priority to consistently write useful, engaging content. Don’t forget to optimize your articles for local keywords.
Recent Post links
- What is web development?
- What is Digital Marketing?
- What is social media management? [Guide]
- What is Digital Marketing & How it works
- how to build a WordPress website from scratch
- How to rank E-commerce websites
- 6 Simple steps to increase SEO backlink locally
- How to create a Wikipedia page
- What is Marketing Automation with Examples & Tools?
- What is PPC?
- How to Build a B2B Marketing and Sales Funnel That Grows Your ROI
- 25 Email Marketing Best Practices That Too Many People Ignore
- 12 Local SEO Tips For Small Businesses You Can’t Ignore
- Link Building Strategies and Resources for Busy Marketers
- How to Use Meta Business Suite (Formerly Facebook Business Suite)
- What is Web Development
- What is Digital Marketing
- Social Media Marketing: How to do it, Types, Tools & Tips
- 10 seo tips for beginners
- 10 Strategies That’ll Help You Become an Influencer
- 4 Brilliant Content Marketing Examples to Take Your Company Out of the Unknown
- Marketing Funnel Stages: How To Get More Leads and Sales at Each One